Thursday 10 March 2011

Errrrr transitions

Movie transistions, hmm, not quite sure what to make of these.

To me they seem such a tool for the complete novice/amateur/11 year old.  It's something I used to do as a kid with windows movie maker, editing videos of me and my friends riding bikes.  Star wipe has become a bad phrase to use.  See here for some yellow comedy.

You don't really see many glaring transitions in films these days, unless it's for an obvious effect.  Star Wars for example is known for having various wipe effects throughout the series.

I'm going to look more into it but the more I think about it, the less real transitions effects are used in today's cinema.  Like I said, unless they are going for an obvious effect, the most commonly used transition between scenes is a simple dip to black...

No comments:

Post a Comment